3 lb (1.36 kg) Tangerines
Juice of 3 lemons
2 pints (1130 ml) of water
5 lb (2.3 kg) of sugar
1 Bottle of Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Wash the tangerines and put the whole fruit (including peel) into a preserving pan with the water then simmer gently, covered, for 40 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the peel from the tangerines. Cut up the fruit, removing pips and coarse tissue.
- Return the pips and tissue to the liquid and boil for 5 minutes. Shred the peel discarding the pith.
- Strain the liquid and return to the pan with the shredded peel, pulp, lemon juice and sugar.
- Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and then bring to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Certo, and boil for 1 minute.
- Skim and cool slightly.
- Pour into clean warm jars and cover in the usual way.
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.