6 Oranges – approx. 3⁄4 pint
Juice 1 Large Lemon
2 lb 10 oz (1.2kg) Sugar
1 Pint (570ml) Water
1 bottle of Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Wash the oranges and the lemon, cut in halves and extract the juice.
- Cover the orange peel with water.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add sufficient to the fruit juices to make 1 pint in all.
- Place in a heavy saucepan with the sugar and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Certo.
- Bring to a full rolling boil again and boil for half a minute. Skim if necessary. Pot and cover in the usual way.
MAKES 4lb OF MARMALADE
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.