1 1⁄2 lb (680g) Limes
2 Pints (1130ml) Water
1⁄4 level tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
3 lb (1.4kg) Sugar
1⁄2 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Remove skins from the fruit and shred very finely with a sharp knife.
- Place in a saucepan with the water and bicarbonate of soda.
- Cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut up the peeled fruit, discard the pips and tough skin and add the prepared fruit to the saucepan. Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Add the sugar, heat gently until the sugar has dissolved stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Certo.
- Bring back to the boil and boil for 1 minute more.
- Allow to cool slightly to prevent the fruit from floating and then skim if necessary and pot and cover in the usual way.
MAKES 5lb OF MARMALADE
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.