- 1kg of prepared fruit
1/2 pint of water
1 Bottle of Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Take fully ripe medlars, peel and remove the pips
- Add 300 ml of water, the juice of 2 lemons and thinly pared lemon rind.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until soft, crushing thoroughly.
- Add 250ml of water and the sugar and heat slowly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the 1 bottle of Certo.
- Remove the lemon rinds and test for a set on a cold plate. If not setting on the cold plate, reboil hard for a further 2 minutes and test again. Once a set is achieved on the small sample, pot up as normal!
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.