2 lb (900g) Blackcurrants
1 pint (600ml) Water
3 lb (1.4kg) Sugar
1⁄2 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Wash fruit and crush thoroughly.
- Put the fruit into a pan. Add the water bring to the boil then simmer covered for 10 minutes or until the skins are soft.
- Strain through a jelly bag and measure the juice into a pan. If necessary make up to 2 pints (1130ml) with water.
- Add the sugar and heat slowly stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 1 minute.
- Add the Certo and continue boiling for a further 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, skim if necessary. Pot and cover in the usual way.
MAKES 5lb OF JELLY.
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.