3 lb (1.4kg) Cooking Apples
1 1⁄2 Pints (850ml) Water
3 1⁄4 lb (1.5kg) Sugar
1⁄2 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Remove the stem ends from fruit and cut apples in small pieces. Do not peel or core.
- Add the water, cover and simmer, until fruit is tender.
- Place fruit in a jelly cloth or bag and allow to drain.
- Measure sugar and 2 pints (1130ml) juice into a large saucepan and mix well.
- Heat slowly, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, add a small piece of butter.
- Add Certo, stirring occasionally, then bring to a full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, skim, pot and cover in the usual way.
MAKES 5lb OF JELLY.
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.