2 lb (900g) Blackcurrants
1⁄2 Pint (290ml) Water
3 1⁄4 lb (1.5kg) Sugar
1⁄2 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Top, tail and wash the fruit.
- Crush well, and put the fruit into a large saucepan with the water, bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until the skins are soft.
- Add the sugar, stir well and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 1 minute stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Certo – skim if necessary.
- Place back on the heat and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Pot and cover in the usual way.
MAKES 5lb OF JAM
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.