3 lb (1.4kg) Crab Apples
3 lb (1.4kg) Sugar
1 1⁄2 pints (850ml) Water
1⁄2 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Wash apples and remove any bad parts. Cut into small pieces, but do not peel or core.
- Add 1 1⁄2 pints water, cover and simmer until fruit is soft enough to mash.
- Place mashed fruit in jelly bag and allow to drain.
- Put the sugar and 2 pints juice into a large saucepan and heat slowly until the sugar has dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Bring quickly to the boil, add the Certo and boil hard for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat, skim if necessary, pot and cover in the usual way.
MAKES 5lb OF JELLY.
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.