1 lb (450g) Root Ginger
3 lb (1.4kg) Sugar
6 tbsp (90ml) Lemon juice
1 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Peel the ginger and cut into 1⁄4” (6mm) dice.
- Cover with cold water, bring to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes then drain.
- Cover with fresh cold water, bring to the boil, simmer for 5 – 10 min. Drain well.
- Transfer to a really large pan, add sugar and 14 fl.oz (400ml) water and the lemon juice. Heat to the boil with stirring, simmer for 5 minutes, and leave to cool for several hours, or overnight.
- Add a small knob of butter to prevent foaming, bring to a full rolling boil and boil as fast as possible for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the Certo. Allow to cool with occasional stirring for 5 – 10 minutes until on the point of setting.
- Pour into warm jars, and cover in the usual way.
MAKES 5lb OF JAM
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.