2lb (960g) Gooseberries
1⁄4 Pint (140ml) Water
3 1⁄2 lb (1.5kg) Sugar
1⁄2 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Top, tail and wash the gooseberries. Put the gooseberries in a pan with the water, bring to the boil and simmer, covered for 15 minutes or until the skins are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and heat slowly until the sugar has dissolved stirring occasionally.
- Bring quickly to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in Certo – skim if necessary.
- Allow to cool slightly, pot and cover in the usual way.
MAKES 5lb OF JAM
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.