3 lb (1.4kg) ripe Black Grapes
1⁄4 Pint (150ml) Water
Juice of 1 Lemon
3 1⁄4 lb (1.5kg) Sugar
1⁄2 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Use only fully ripe fruit. To prepare juice, stem the fruit and crush thoroughly.
- Add 1⁄4 pint water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the fruit in a jelly cloth or bag and squeeze out the juice.
- Measure 2 pints (1130ml) of the juice, add the lemon juice and sugar, and mix well.
- Heat slowly until the sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil quickly, and add the Certo at once. Boil for 1 minute.
- Skim, pot and cover in the usual way.
MAKES 5lb OF JELLY.
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.