Apple And Thyme Jelly or Apple And Sage Jelly.
Apple And Thyme Jelly or Apple And Thyme Jelly.
3 lb (1.4kg) Bramley Cooking Apples
2 Pints (1130ml) Water
3 lb (1.4kg) Granulated Sugar
1 oz (30g) Thyme/Sage, chopped
1⁄2 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Wash the apple, cut into small pieces, but do not peel or core.
- Put the fruit in a pan with the water, cover and simmer until the fruit is soft enough to mash. Drain the mashed fruit through a jelly bag.
- Put the sugar and 2 pints of juice into a large saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Bring quickly to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the Certo and boil for a further half minute stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the thyme/sage. Remove from the heat and skim, if necessary.
- Pot and cover in the usual way.MAKES 5lb OF JELLY.
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.