Rhubarb And Strawberry Jam.
Rhubarb And Strawberry Jam
1 lbs (0.45kg) Rhubarb
1 lbs (0.45kg) Strawberries
1/4 Pints (150ml) Water
1 level tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
3 1/4 lb (1.7kg) Sugar
1/2 Bottle Certo
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Wash the rhubarb and cut up finely. Do not peel.
- Crush the strawberries thoroughly.
- Place the fruit into a saucepan with the water and bicarbonate of soda, bring to the boil, stirring continually. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Measure 2 pints of cooked fruit into a large saucepan making up the quantity with water if necessary.
- Add the sugar, heat gently until the sugar has dissolved stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Certo.
- Stir and skim alternatively for 5 minutes to cool and prevent floating fruit.
- Pot and cover in the usual way.
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.