1 3⁄4 lb (800g) raw Beetroot (or 1lb (450g) cooked)
2 3⁄4 lb (1.3kg) Sugar
3⁄4 pint (425ml) Vinegar
1 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- If the beetroots are raw, boil them, then slip off skins and chop up very finely.
- Measure the sugar and vinegar into a large saucepan and add the prepared beetroot.
- Mix well and heat slowly, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Certo.
- Stir and skim alternately for just 5 minutes, to cool slightly.
- Pot and cover in the usual way.
MAKES 4 1⁄2lb OF RELISH
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.