4lb (1.8kg) Redcurrants
1⁄2 Pint (290ml) Water
3 lb (1.4kg) Sugar
1⁄2 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Wash the fruit and crush thoroughly in the pan.
- Add the water and bring to the boil and simmer covered for 10 minutes, or until the skins are soft.
- Strain through a jelly bag and measure the juice into a pan. If necessary make up to 2 pints (1130ml) with water.
- Add the sugar and heat slowly, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 1 minute.
- Add the Certo and continue boiling for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, skim if necessary.
MAKES 5lb OF JELLY.
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.