Large Bunch of Mint (approx 2 oz (60g)
1⁄2 Pint (290ml) White Vinegar
1 lb (450g) Sugar
1 Bottle Certo
Got Lots of Fruit ?
Search for a Recipe:
If you would like to download our recipes as a PDF please CLICK.
Take A Survey
Please help us to improve by completing a short online survey
- Wash the mint thoroughly and divide in two.
- Take the leaves from one bunch, squeeze out the surplus water and chop finely. Put the vinegar and sugar into a saucepan with the second bunch of mint and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the bunch of mint. Bring to the boil for 1 minute.
- Strain the syrup through a muslin and return to the saucepan.
- Stir in the Certo, bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes. Add the chopped mint and colouring.
- Allow to cool slightly to prevent the mint from floating.
- Skim, pot and cover in the usual way.
MAKES 1 1⁄2 lb OF JELLY.
Don't be a stranger!
Send us a Quick message
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.